The last few days I've been working on a new creation to assist in helping maintain smooth operation of the server, and to help players get in contact with us in a timely manor. The bot bridges the gap between the forum shoutbox, the game server, and our skype chats (both the admin and public chats).
* Chat entered into the shoutbox is now posted to the public skype chat (with a short delay)
* In game chat that is sent to the 'console' (instead of system or another player) is also posted to the public channel, allowing communication with people not on the server.
* using the command '/admin <text>' while in game, is now posted to the admin skype chat. Please reserve its use for help requests, reporting bugs or abuse, or its use will be restricted.
* Things like checking on server status, and who's online can be done from the public skype chat.
* Logins, disconnects, and deaths are displayed in the public chat. Swapping characters is not posted, only the initial login, and all IP addresses are obviously filtered from the messages.
* The bot is partially aware of the content of the mod files, and we can use it to run server commands, allowing us to diagnose and solve many problems faster.
Its designed specifically to allow adding of new features to it without difficulty or forcing a update/restart of the bot, and shortly I'll be adding a in game command to auto-add people to the public skype chat.
TekagisBot is expected to go live on the server later tonight