Toggle shoutbox TR Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  McKooter : (22 August 2023 - 02:08 AM) saying hi again. Ill check back in a bit
@  Tom_Horn : (19 March 2022 - 01:09 AM) What's up? :)
@  Slayer : (26 February 2022 - 11:31 AM) Sad to know that Madcat passed away. Rest in peace!
@  McKooter : (11 September 2021 - 08:16 PM) RIP Madcat. I only come here every few months. God we seem to lose some people. :( seriously.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:04 PM) To EVERYBODY: It is with deepest sympathy that I inform the community that MadCat passed away on the 19th of May this year. He will be missed.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:02 PM) Mckooter, I think Cursor is still paying for this
@  Caprica : (11 February 2021 - 06:55 AM) Доброго времени суток Всем
@  Caprica : (26 January 2021 - 06:07 PM) hi All
@  Slayer : (16 January 2021 - 05:13 PM) Hello
@  McKooter : (03 January 2021 - 04:39 PM) @Rags, yeah just was messing about again today and popped back in to see if its still up. Are we even sure who is paying for this place?
@  Ragman : (06 December 2020 - 10:59 PM) OMG This is still here
@  McKooter : (31 August 2019 - 02:12 AM) what!? a new site?? i slaved over this place :D eyo to fenris, rags, and ahroun
@  Fenris_Wolf : (14 July 2019 - 01:56 PM) Awesome. After much pissing around I can login again. Just a reminder we've got a new website running at https://tekagis.ca and a discord server https://discord.gg/psX8HBu
@  Ragabash : (10 July 2019 - 07:32 PM) Tekagis must rise again
@  Ahroun : (10 July 2019 - 07:31 PM) OMG I can't believe this login still works!!!  :blink:
@  McKooter : (26 June 2019 - 02:52 AM) just stopped in to say hi if anyone reads this still
@  MINDDRIVE : (01 June 2019 - 12:46 AM) ello ello
@  The_Fiddler : (11 March 2019 - 03:18 AM) 10 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes) Play, play !!!
@  The_Fiddler : (10 March 2019 - 04:48 PM) Looking forward to explore this mod again :)
@  Nameless : (25 August 2018 - 12:54 AM) Server down?

Photo

A perfect maneuver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Jesco

Jesco

Modding Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Battlestar Atlantia - Combat Information Centre - Colorado System

Attention all personell. This is the Commander. Drydock docking procedure is about to commence,

"Ok Ensign, your first docking maneuver. Be patient, stay calm and don't hit anything. The last Ensign's Insurance Company went broke because he scratched the dock."

Ensign Hoffer was sweating. Just a bit, actually. But for him it felt like Niagara Falls.

"Starting procedure sir. Maneuvering thrusters only. 10% thrust upwards."

The vibration of hundreds of small maneuvering thrusters could be felt everywhere on the ship. Although this maneuver was boring compared to a full scale battle, it was as dangerous.

"Thrust at 20%. Upwards only. Distance to entry point 200 meters."

The Battlestar was equipped with very basic computers intentionally, thus preventing any Cylon Virus from doing its work. On the downside, even simple docking maneuvers needed to be done manually.

"Distance 100 meters. Warming up downwards thrusters."

Hoffer was just thinking about what would happen if he crashes the Battlestar. He wasn't insured at all.

"Distance 20 meters. Downward thrust 100% for 2 seconds."

With a sudden and violent shake the Atlantia stopped. For a second, nobody even breathed listening for metallic screeches. Nothing was to be heard.

"Forward thrust 20%. Closing in to docking position."

Commander Jesco tried to motivate the young Ensign: "You're doing good. Just keep it up."

"Yes, Sir. Distance to docking point 300 meters and closing"

The Dock now was everywhere around them. One mistake and thousands might die.

"Distance 150 meters. Engaging reverse thrusters 5%. Stopping forward."

The Docking clamps now were just above the Battlestar. One mistake would rip them open.

"Distance 0 meters. Speed 0 meters per second. All systems green."

"Very good Ensign. Excellent work. You are dismissed for today. Go have a beer on the Atlantia."

Hoffer was reliefed. All he wanted right now is to see his family.

Posted Image

Edited by Black Scorpion, 16 January 2011 - 08:21 PM.
Moderator note: Topic moved to appropriate section since this is not so much a page from a pilot's journal as it is part (the beginning?) of a story about the events taking place on board your ship.

Posted Image

We are of peace. Always.

Jesco

Jesco

Modding Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Planet Denver, Colorado System - A day later

Hoffer has been looking at her for hours now. She was sleeping and the longer he looked at her the more beautiful she became. Well, she already was beautiful. Kusari, not too tall or small. Just right. Dark hair and eyes and a wonderful smile. He met her at a bar last night while he was having that Beer on the Atlantia. They flirted a bit and eventually landed at her home (Hoffer had no home besides the Navy Barracks). They didn't sleep much that night. Later they talked about their jobs, family and friends. Hoffers story was told quickly. He had no family. He was an orphan. His friends were all on the Atlantia and his job was to steer this flying brick.

She was a model (of course). Her family died in a tragic accident (Hoffer comforted her) and usually she had just no time for friends.

Something was ringing in the back of Hoffer's brain. He couldn't just make it out. That feeling....that something is wrong was there all night. He just didn't know what it was. He didn't care too much either. Right now he was enjoying the company of this girl. Grace was her name. Amazing Grace....

He woke up. Reached for Grace. Wasn't there. Looked at the clock.....damnit. He should've been back to the Atlantia an hour ago. The Commander would have his head. He had to hurry. Hopefully they didn't start the FTL already.

-----

"Did it work?"

"Yes, he was easy to distract. Our replacement can now aquire his position."

"Very well done, five. They won't even know what's coming at them."

Posted Image

Posted Image

We are of peace. Always.

Jesco

Jesco

Modding Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Battlestar Atlantia, Colorado System - A few hours later

"Did Hoffer show up?" the Commander asked.

"No sign of him yet. Probably defected. However we already got a replacement for him." the XO answered.

"Ensign Akodo Shitira reporting for duty, sir."

She was a Kusari, not too tall, black hair, dark eyes.

"Very well then Ensign Shitira, take your place at helms" the Commander nodded.

"I will Sir. If i might just say it's Ensign Akodo. We Kusari put the surname first."

"Acknowledged. Now get us out of dock and about 10 klicks away from any obstacles"

---10 minutes later---

"Closest obstacle is 11 klicks away, Sir." the Ensign said.

"Very well then. FTL Operator, have our jump coordinates been plotted?"

"Coordinates plotted and FTL-Jumpdrive fully charged, Sir."

"Attention all crew. FTL-Jumpdrive test is about to commence. We are going to jump to the Alaska System in a few seconds so hold fast."

"Engage FTL in 10 seconds, Operator." the Commander said.

"FTL-Countdown: 10....9....8....7....6....the ship wasall humming with the flow of energy needed for the Jumpdrive....5....4....3....2....1....engaging."

All in a sudden everything became white light. But as fast as it was there, it was gone again.

"Jump successful, all systems operational. We have arrived in the Alaska.....wait....this is not Alaska. Computing now.....oh god....Sir, we just jumped to the Cylon Home System." the Operator said in Shock.

"DRADIS contact!" the XO yelled.

Posted Image

We are of peace. Always.

Jesco

Jesco

Modding Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
"5 Base Stars approaching from different directions at cruise speed." the XO said, now with a calm professional voice.

"This looks like they have been awaiting us. FTL, find out why we jumped here instead of Alaska. And get that FTL charged up ASAP! I want barrage fire all arounds us NOW." Commander Jesco ordered commands.

"Base Stars stopped at twelve klicks range and are launching fighters, Sir."

"Get the Viper pilots ot there. All of them! And XO, prepare my Valkyrie." Jesco said calmly.

"But Sir, regulations state that the Commanding Officer of a Battlestar may not leave ship during an engagement."

"I know the regulations and i don't care about them, Jeff" he answered to his old friend with a soft smile.

----5 minutes later

"Alpha Group, engage Fighters at 12. Beta, intercept the Cylons at 9. Gamma, you go for 6. Atlantia, concentrate fire at 5 and 7. Engaging cloaking system now."

The Commander looked over his shoulder into the storage room of his ship. And he didn't feel well seeing the package he was about to deliver.

Posted Image

Posted Image

We are of peace. Always.

Jesco

Jesco

Modding Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
Conclusion

Nobody knows what happened to the Atlantia as the battle begun. Some say it got destroyed. Others claim they have seen it recently, but only appearing for a few seconds before disappearing in a bright white light. What is certain that there are Wrecks of several Base Stars in the Cylon Home System.

As for the Commander it is rumored he's still alive and now forms up a new alliance of some sort being fed by the incompetence of the government.

Only the future may show what the truth is.

OOC: I am closing this storyline as Jesco became part (and leader) of the AToS. His story will soon continue.

Posted Image

We are of peace. Always.

Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

Retired from TT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
OOC: Topic closed then. Let me know if and when you want it re-opened.
Retired.
"Never argue with an idiot, you will have to lower yourself to their standard and they will beat you with experience"