Toggle shoutbox TR Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  McKooter : (22 August 2023 - 02:08 AM) saying hi again. Ill check back in a bit
@  Tom_Horn : (19 March 2022 - 01:09 AM) What's up? :)
@  Slayer : (26 February 2022 - 11:31 AM) Sad to know that Madcat passed away. Rest in peace!
@  McKooter : (11 September 2021 - 08:16 PM) RIP Madcat. I only come here every few months. God we seem to lose some people. :( seriously.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:04 PM) To EVERYBODY: It is with deepest sympathy that I inform the community that MadCat passed away on the 19th of May this year. He will be missed.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:02 PM) Mckooter, I think Cursor is still paying for this
@  Caprica : (11 February 2021 - 06:55 AM) Доброго времени суток Всем
@  Caprica : (26 January 2021 - 06:07 PM) hi All
@  Slayer : (16 January 2021 - 05:13 PM) Hello
@  McKooter : (03 January 2021 - 04:39 PM) @Rags, yeah just was messing about again today and popped back in to see if its still up. Are we even sure who is paying for this place?
@  Ragman : (06 December 2020 - 10:59 PM) OMG This is still here
@  McKooter : (31 August 2019 - 02:12 AM) what!? a new site?? i slaved over this place :D eyo to fenris, rags, and ahroun
@  Fenris_Wolf : (14 July 2019 - 01:56 PM) Awesome. After much pissing around I can login again. Just a reminder we've got a new website running at https://tekagis.ca and a discord server https://discord.gg/psX8HBu
@  Ragabash : (10 July 2019 - 07:32 PM) Tekagis must rise again
@  Ahroun : (10 July 2019 - 07:31 PM) OMG I can't believe this login still works!!!  :blink:
@  McKooter : (26 June 2019 - 02:52 AM) just stopped in to say hi if anyone reads this still
@  MINDDRIVE : (01 June 2019 - 12:46 AM) ello ello
@  The_Fiddler : (11 March 2019 - 03:18 AM) 10 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes) Play, play !!!
@  The_Fiddler : (10 March 2019 - 04:48 PM) Looking forward to explore this mod again :)
@  Nameless : (25 August 2018 - 12:54 AM) Server down?

Photo

Stock Market Project

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

S31-Zero-Order

S31-Zero-Order

Archon

• Head Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Hi guys!

We're always looking at ways that we can improve the experience on TT. These improvements appear in the form of mod changes and fixes, new mod versions, server events, and so on. Our latest idea aims to give you a little more involvement in the universe around you. As the title suggests, we're looking at implementing a stock market. I'd like to hear your feedback on my proposed functions below. This would be an application with a client on your computer that would connect with the remote TT server.

Objectives:

The first objective is to allow you to interact with the universe with a little more immersion. The idea is that you'll be able to use an account's bank to purchase stocks in minor companies that are generated by the main stock program. These companies will behave like real world companies do: natural up and down growth, major/minor positive or negative random events, and bankruptcy. Certain major factions will have their own companies, and some companies will simply be unaffiliated with factions and do their own thing. Just like when playing a real stock market, you can make a lot of money, or lose it all.

The second objective is to have this application bear some ingame impact. Trading and killing NPCs doesn't have any impact on the game universe (though you'd think that the Liberty Rogues would send bigger ships after you murdered 50 bloodhounds in the badlands). With the market, we're looking at allowing the progress of minor companies having an impact on prices of commodities, ships, and equipment, and frequency, intensity, and danger of NPC spawning. For instance, if a Liberty-based shipyard company goes under, you'll see fewer patrols in Liberty and a possible increase in pirate activity.

How It Works:

- Timing -

The server will host the main market application that will adjust the market files every day. After some predetermined time, the server will probably need a reset to update with the changes to the market. The market will update once a day with new values and news on the various companies. If a company goes bankrupt, it'll take 5 days for it to be replaced with a new company.

- Company Behavior -

Companies will tend to grow or shrink naturally. The longer a company grows, the less of a chance that it’ll decline. The same holds true for any company that declines. If a company is in decline, the chance that it’ll continue to decline will increase. If a company’s value hits zero, it will go bankrupt. If it only reaches a dangerously low level, there’s still a chance that it could go bankrupt, but it’s not guaranteed to happen. When a bankruptcy occurs, any stocks you own of that company will be lost. Your money will not be refunded.

- Random Events -

Every now and again, a random event could occur that could affect a company either positively or negatively. These events will range in severity and will affect more than one company at a time. For example, a breakthrough in drilling technology has occurred and has allowed a company to increase their yields and decrease their operating costs. They may share the tech or keep it for themselves, which would result in a small boost across all mining companies or a large boost for them respectively. A company’s product type will also determine how often a random event occurs for them. For example, a private security firm will have a much higher event rate than a consumer goods manufacturer.

- Market Operations -

I aim to have the market open all day, with the exception of the time where it must update the server’s market files. I may just do a max up time of 23 hours, with a down time of 1 hour. A timer will be included to show you how much time is left for stock trading and how long it’ll be before the stock market is open again after closing.

- User Selection -

The stock market will operate with your accounts by using your FL Account ID. You’ll be able to store and use multiple IDs on the market application. This essentially eliminates the username/password situation.

- Market Repercussions (End Goals) -

Goal 1: A company or set of companies performing better or worse will affect the number of NPC spawns, the number of NPCs you’ll encounter during a spawn, the type of ships they’ll be using (LF, MF, HF, etc.), and how well-equipped they are.

Goal 2: A company performing better or worse will affect market prices for various items, depending on what the company produces or consumes for its operations.

Goal 3: Players can use the market as an additional source of income apart from trading, player-issued jobs, and jobs offered in the bars.

2vbwyz7.png

In defensione et fraternitatem Elohim...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users