Toggle shoutbox TR Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  McKooter : (22 August 2023 - 02:08 AM) saying hi again. Ill check back in a bit
@  Tom_Horn : (19 March 2022 - 01:09 AM) What's up? :)
@  Slayer : (26 February 2022 - 11:31 AM) Sad to know that Madcat passed away. Rest in peace!
@  McKooter : (11 September 2021 - 08:16 PM) RIP Madcat. I only come here every few months. God we seem to lose some people. :( seriously.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:04 PM) To EVERYBODY: It is with deepest sympathy that I inform the community that MadCat passed away on the 19th of May this year. He will be missed.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:02 PM) Mckooter, I think Cursor is still paying for this
@  Caprica : (11 February 2021 - 06:55 AM) Доброго времени суток Всем
@  Caprica : (26 January 2021 - 06:07 PM) hi All
@  Slayer : (16 January 2021 - 05:13 PM) Hello
@  McKooter : (03 January 2021 - 04:39 PM) @Rags, yeah just was messing about again today and popped back in to see if its still up. Are we even sure who is paying for this place?
@  Ragman : (06 December 2020 - 10:59 PM) OMG This is still here
@  McKooter : (31 August 2019 - 02:12 AM) what!? a new site?? i slaved over this place :D eyo to fenris, rags, and ahroun
@  Fenris_Wolf : (14 July 2019 - 01:56 PM) Awesome. After much pissing around I can login again. Just a reminder we've got a new website running at https://tekagis.ca and a discord server https://discord.gg/psX8HBu
@  Ragabash : (10 July 2019 - 07:32 PM) Tekagis must rise again
@  Ahroun : (10 July 2019 - 07:31 PM) OMG I can't believe this login still works!!!  :blink:
@  McKooter : (26 June 2019 - 02:52 AM) just stopped in to say hi if anyone reads this still
@  MINDDRIVE : (01 June 2019 - 12:46 AM) ello ello
@  The_Fiddler : (11 March 2019 - 03:18 AM) 10 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes) Play, play !!!
@  The_Fiddler : (10 March 2019 - 04:48 PM) Looking forward to explore this mod again :)
@  Nameless : (25 August 2018 - 12:54 AM) Server down?

Photo

TT Screenshot Vault

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

Retired from TT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
As you all might know, there is a lot happening behind the scenes to make TT even better than it already is, and more popular. Next to a new mod and a whole bunch of other sweet stuff, we are looking at ways to promote Tekagi's in a better, clearer and more upfront way than before.

A small part of this will be the availability of wallpapers of TT and even a screensaver. These wallpapers (there will be more than one) will be available in all resolutions. I am looking to make mainly theme-based ones. By 'theme-based' I mean using specific themes like a certain dominating color, or factions. For example, there will be a number of wallpapers in dominating red, green, yellow, blue or whatever color, as well as some based on factions like the Phantoms, Bosko, Samurai, or whatever other faction. These wallpapers would also feature for instance the faction's home system or images of their ship, stuff like that. There will also be wallpapers which hold random mixes of all the aforementioned and display a more general impression of the TT server and all its beauty. After all, the main purpose for these wallpapers is promoting TT.
This way I am hoping to offer a wallpaper for most demands.

I am also planning to make one dedicated to Unicornz. Altough I have never known him in person, none of TT would have been possible if it hadn't been for him.

I am going to start working on the wallpapers very shortly and I need the sweetest screenies for that. TT has a lot of beautiful stuff to offer which would be great to use in the wallpapers. But since I probably have only seen half of what TT has to offer in that area, I am appealing to you for your help.

If you have some cool screenies of the in-game environment, or feel like helping out with this, please post your screenies here. What I am specifically looking for is this:

• Environmental: System sceneries, colorful nebula's, beautiful suns, nice gas clouds, custom bases, etc.
  • Ships: All kinds of ships from the mod. TT has an abundance of them, and I would like to include the most intriguing ones.
  • Action: Battles of all kinds, the more ships and fireworks, the better.

One side remark with the 'ships':
Could you please try as much as possible to make your screeny against an evenly-colored (preferable black) background. The ship images will be rendered for use, and this makes the rendering a lot easier. SS-ing them while docked on a base always seems to work pretty fine.

Well let's see what you can come up with. :P

Also, if you have a suggestion for a wallpaper theme, feel free to let me know!

(I would appreciate it if this topic could be pinned by someone)
Retired.
"Never argue with an idiot, you will have to lower yourself to their standard and they will beat you with experience"

Ragflow998

Ragflow998

What else ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Environmental: System sceneries, colorful nebula\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s, beautiful suns, nice gas clouds, custom bases, etc.

Here are some i made not so long ago :

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

More will come as i got loads of screenies.

(-=YSP=-)

(-=YSP=-)

Preservation Ward Supervisor

• Clan Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Alot of my sorted Screenies have allready been uploaded to the myspace.. but i grabbed a couple of my favs off there.. I will be sure to take more screenies in the future for u m8 :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PS..Lookin on my external HD Ive found that I have literally Hundreds of screenshots from Teks.. I will go thru what i have today and Rar The best of them for u If u want.
Posted Image

Ragflow998

Ragflow998

What else ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
Be careful when posting pics, you can only post 10 per post, i've just got the error message about it.

Legion

Legion

Pure Awesomeness

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
A little sidenote... You should post them as thumbnails instead of those huge ones! Otherwise this thread will be hell to read through later... Already now my browser is b'ing me and I have a 20/1.5-2 megs connection! :P

Ragflow998

Ragflow998

What else ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
Erm, i thought it was better to have max resolution because of wallpapers but if it works well too with thumbnails, then i will reduce them, sorry for that m8.

Edit : Done

Legion

Legion

Pure Awesomeness

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
No worries... If you use Imageshack you can choose to have a small thumbnail show on the forum page, but as soon as you click on it you will be redirected to the full size picture! So you wont loose anything guys... :P

Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

Retired from TT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
Wow nice stuff there guys, thanks. And yeah YSP m8, feel free to rar some of them and send them to me or post them here.
Thumbnails will not be a problem, as they tend to link to the originally uploaded image. So I can still use them. And it will greatly reduce the stress and page loading time on the site, so yeah maybe it's better to use thumbs.

A suggestion about resolution, now that Ragflow mentions it:
After you have taken a screeny with your prtscrn key, re-saving it as a .PNG file will deliver the best quality by far. And it will safe a lot of space on your computer, since PNG files are about 1/10 of the size of a BMP, which is the standard format Freelancer uses to safe your screenies. They also upload much faster for that reason.

Keep em coming guys, looking good there!
Retired.
"Never argue with an idiot, you will have to lower yourself to their standard and they will beat you with experience"

Ragflow998

Ragflow998

What else ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
Alright, ten more then :P

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

Retired from TT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
Oops buddy they are not linked to the original image. What hosting site are you using? Photobucket? Imageshack automatically links them to the originals, maybe you should try that. :P

EDIT:

I checked your images and you are indeed using Imagshack.
Below is a thumbnail from my sig, hosted on Imageshack as well. As you can see it links to the actual image.
Posted Image

Since the link is working, I am wondering: Maybe you have the images sorted in an album which you have set to private? This would explain why others can't link to it. My album is public and the link works...
Retired.

Ragflow998

Ragflow998

What else ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
Posted Image

Edit : Yes, much better like this, but i didn't have this option when uploading images on imagshack, i'll have a closer look.

Posted Image

Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

Retired from TT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
Yeah that's it m8! :P The link option is not so much an option you are given when uploading the image, as it is when copying the link from the hosting site. When you wanna link an image, click on the upper icon next to the image, and a small window pops up. Untick the 'include details' box, and look down. You can now choose between several linking option for both the full size and the thumbnail of the image you'd like to link. The one you should choose, is the 'Forums' one in the thumbnail size section. You can see the link url starting with [URL=http://img12.imageshack.us/..........

Try that, you should be ok. ;)
Retired.

Iceman

Iceman

Modding Addict

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

One side remark with the 'ships':
Could you please try as much as possible to make your screeny against an evenly-colored (preferable black) background. The ship images will be rendered for use, and this makes the rendering a lot easier.

Hi Buddy,

If you make me a list of ships you want and the angle of shot, Ill send you every ship you need. (See Upload). The pics can be rendered very easy using PShop, or Corel etc, and like I say I can get you any ship and any angle for the shot.

Posted Image

Cheers

Ice

icemane.png

Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

Retired from TT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
That's a pretty sweet render buddy! And yeah I have always had the feeling that GIMP - which I use - isn't as good in rendering as PS is... I still have PS somewhere on my comp but never bothered to install it lol. If you could do this for me that would be great buddy. ;)

The ships I am after:

- Most popular fighters (Razor II MKII, Scarlet, FA27c, and the other one that looks like an Apache helicopter and is so ugly it's sexy lol) :P
- Most popular freighters (You will probably know better than me which ones)
- All the battleships

- Some of the genre-related ones, like the Enterprise G, Defiant, maybe some of the Star Wars ships, Klingon, Romulan, etc.
- Any one ship that stands out for some reason ie. its beautiful design, the fact that only TT has it, the detailing, etc. etc.
- Any one ship of which you feel should be in the collection

As for the angles: Whatever you think they look the coolest in. ;)

As you can see that's quite a bunch of ships lol. But the truth is that TT does have a lot of them and it is this diversity that I see as one of the strong points of this mod, and for that reason I would like to show that off.
This should in no way be a rush job m8. Take your time, we got time. The way I see it, every ship you can do for me, I don't have to do myself. :)

And thanks for the offer buddy, appreciate it.
Retired.

Iceman

Iceman

Modding Addict

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
Hey No Problem what so ever buddy,

Anything to help promote the mod.

And just for your info, The pics are from Milkshape so they can be put into any pose required, Ill get to work real soon m8, And I think the ugly ship your on about must be the "Mantis"

Ice

icemane.png

Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

Retired from TT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
Aye the Mantis, that's it. OOOH and how could I ever forget the most sexy of them all, the Ravenclaw! Put that one in a special pose if you can, topless is allowed. :D
Btw you got all the Milkshape designs?
Retired.

Iceman

Iceman

Modding Addict

• Retired
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
I can get you any ship which is in the mod,

Heres your Ravenclaw,

Posted Image

And also a little something Im working on, The "Raven Heart",

Posted Image

Ice

icemane.png

Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

Retired from TT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
Ragflow buddy could you please repost the thumbnails in your first 2 posts so they are linked to the original image? there are some pretty cool ones there I wanna use but they're too small now.

And a general *BUMP*. I need a couple more ships and some sceneries to make the first wallpaper. Who has some with nebula's, nova's, and generally starry skies for me? Preferably taken using the turret mode and the HUD collapsed.
I would make them myself, but I don't really have the time to go in game and I wouldn't even know where the best ones are to be honest. So can you help me out here? :wacko:
Retired.

Ragflow998

Ragflow998

What else ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Ragflow buddy could you please repost the thumbnails in your first 2 posts so they are linked to the original image? there are some pretty cool ones there I wanna use but they're too small now.

Well, i can't connect to Imageshack, i'll try again later.

Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

Retired from TT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
No worries buddy, Imageshack does that from time to time.
Retired.