Toggle shoutbox TR Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  McKooter : (22 August 2023 - 02:08 AM) saying hi again. Ill check back in a bit
@  Tom_Horn : (19 March 2022 - 01:09 AM) What's up? :)
@  Slayer : (26 February 2022 - 11:31 AM) Sad to know that Madcat passed away. Rest in peace!
@  McKooter : (11 September 2021 - 08:16 PM) RIP Madcat. I only come here every few months. God we seem to lose some people. :( seriously.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:04 PM) To EVERYBODY: It is with deepest sympathy that I inform the community that MadCat passed away on the 19th of May this year. He will be missed.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:02 PM) Mckooter, I think Cursor is still paying for this
@  Caprica : (11 February 2021 - 06:55 AM) Доброго времени суток Всем
@  Caprica : (26 January 2021 - 06:07 PM) hi All
@  Slayer : (16 January 2021 - 05:13 PM) Hello
@  McKooter : (03 January 2021 - 04:39 PM) @Rags, yeah just was messing about again today and popped back in to see if its still up. Are we even sure who is paying for this place?
@  Ragman : (06 December 2020 - 10:59 PM) OMG This is still here
@  McKooter : (31 August 2019 - 02:12 AM) what!? a new site?? i slaved over this place :D eyo to fenris, rags, and ahroun
@  Fenris_Wolf : (14 July 2019 - 01:56 PM) Awesome. After much pissing around I can login again. Just a reminder we've got a new website running at https://tekagis.ca and a discord server https://discord.gg/psX8HBu
@  Ragabash : (10 July 2019 - 07:32 PM) Tekagis must rise again
@  Ahroun : (10 July 2019 - 07:31 PM) OMG I can't believe this login still works!!!  :blink:
@  McKooter : (26 June 2019 - 02:52 AM) just stopped in to say hi if anyone reads this still
@  MINDDRIVE : (01 June 2019 - 12:46 AM) ello ello
@  The_Fiddler : (11 March 2019 - 03:18 AM) 10 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes) Play, play !!!
@  The_Fiddler : (10 March 2019 - 04:48 PM) Looking forward to explore this mod again :)
@  Nameless : (25 August 2018 - 12:54 AM) Server down?

Photo

Nami-Shakar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

HyperBlade1

HyperBlade1

Fresh Banana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Travelling through hyperspace is usually a safe way to traverse great distances. If you are in the middle of a galactic war and your enemy has gravity well projectors, then you can be caught very much by surprise. Such was the case for rogue jedi Nami Shakar, call-sign HyperBlade1. While meditating during his hyperjump from Corellia in the Core to Yaga Minor on the far edge of the Outer Rim, his ship lurched violently as a small empirial fleet fired up their gravity wells. Things were looking bad for Nami, and he had no idea how bad they were about to get……

“HyperBlade1! Shut down your engines and surrender yourself in the name of the Empire!” hailed the flagship.

“Yeah Right!” Nami thought to himself, at the same time thinking, “Your not going to make it out of this one.”

Nami quickly regained control of his ship, a highly modified Cloak Shape fighter. He immediately began evasive maneuvers to try to avoid being blown to pieces. He was a skilled pilot, but not very skilled in space combat. Nami ducked and weaved, slid, pitched, and dived, he hammered the drives and slammed on the foils, making himself a very hard target to hit.

Just when he thought that he was out of range of the gravity projectors, he punched in some hyper calculations and prepared to jump out of this cluster he found himself in. Suddenly his sensors went crazy just before the star destroyer fired its projectors. With a force unimaginable, his ship was yanked backwards through a prismatic orb, blowing his engines, drive, and thrusters, and nearly ripping his ship to pieces. Lights flashed outside in a myriad of brilliant colors, as his ship spun wildly. His head pounded and his vision blurred from the shear force being exerted on him, then darkness took him.

When he came back to consciousness, Nami knew immediately that he was far from his known galaxy. He quickly made a scan of his ship systems. “MALFUNCTION” they all read, and looking out the view, Nami knew they were destroyed. Life support system read “MINIMAL” so all Nami could do was enter a hibernation trance, and hope that someone could rescue him.

DSE Ship Delta3 on a survey mission in the Tau-37 system……

“I’m showing something on the sensors sir! Appears to be reckage of an unidentified craft.” The sensors operator states.

“Are there any signs of life onboard?” the captain asks as though that should have been in the operators initial report.

“I don’t know sir. We need to get closer. The reckage is 12.3K at coordinates 32.33581 x 51.22987 x 7.56149.” replies the operator.

“Helmsman! Make course for those coordinates.” The Captain orders. “Let us see what we have found.”

“Right away sir!” responds the Helmsman.

A few moments later the sensor operator speaks out with a shocked tone, “Captain! I am showing a single human life-form, but it is very weak. If we do not hurry, we may not save them.”

“Then lets not waist anymore time! All hands prepare for emergency rescue!” Orders the captain.

The proximity of another sentient life-form begins to bring Nami out of his trance.

“Sir! The life reading in the reckage has suddenly increased and the rescue team has not made it to the ship yet!” the sensor operator blares out frantically.

“How close are they?” the captain questions with urgency.

“We have just anchored onto the reckage sir.” The rescue team radios in. “There is one male onboard who appears to alive and for the most part well.”

Approximately an hour after the resue operation is complete and the medics are satisfied that their new occupant is healthy and human……

“Well you seem awfully well for someone who was on the brink of death just a couple of hours ago.” The captain states accusingly to the new guest.

“Training captain. A hibernation technique taught to me brothers and sisters of my home.” Answers the stranger.

“And where might your home be sir?” asks the captain.

“I honestly do not know captain, because I have no idea where I am in this eternal multiverse. The name of my home world is Nar-Shadda on the Outer Rim of my known universe.” Answered the stranger honestly.

“Well I have never heard of such a place.” The captain stated, then asked, “How did you end up here.”

Nami began to tell the captain about the tyranny faced in his home systems, and the incident that brought him to what he now knew as the Sirius Sector. “I am known as a Jedi where I am from, and ranked as a Master.” Nami told the captain. “We are ambassadors and peacekeepers, and some say greatest warriors of our universe. Jedi try to avoid violence of at all possible, but if we must, we are more than capable of defending ourselves and others.”

After several days onboard the DSE Delta3, Nami had made a few friends, but they would part soon after arriving in Liberty space. They were to moor at a planet called “Denver” in the Colorado System. Captain Aldamere infomed Nami that his skills might serve well to employ him with the LSF(Liberty Security Force). Nami decided that he would try that route.

TO BE CONTINUED……… If you like it so far. ;)

Ragman

Ragman

Too old to care.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts
Nice work......

Yes lets have some more please.. we do love this type of thing.... it give a good insight into the person that writes them and it makes it interesting to have some new stories to read as well..

Rags

RagssigByLuci.gif

HyperBlade1

HyperBlade1

Fresh Banana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Encryption code: a6%54g/-D54G47e-jh@*ja54-!#54662S

Nami-Shakar Journal entry: 37

Well it seems that I have truly arrived somewhere far beyond my home. This place called the Sirius Sector is far different from that I have ever studied in the archives of the Jedi Temples through my home space. I seem to have inserted myself well enough in this new home. I have gained employment with an organization known as the Liberty Security Force, or LSF, for the time being. At current I have begun study of the known systems of Sirius and the history behind them and their people. I am currently working only within the Liberty systems as an intelligence operative, gathering information on the local pirate and criminal organizations for the LSF. I have also been traveling abroad as a bodyguard for dignitaries to other systems. During what free time I have in those systems, I have study the history of Sirius from their standpoints as well.
All is going well so far, and soon I should have enough credits to purchase a base model starship. The technology here is far different, lacking any true hyperdrive system. Travel can take several weeks, to even months, depending on your origin and destination. Starship fighters are a very heavily engrained part of this system, for what reason I do not understand yet. The main reason for this may be my lack of understanding for the economy of Sirius. There seems to be no base value beyond the simple credit, and having no real standard. Not that any of this truly matters to me, but it helps to know ever little nuance and quirk of the environment, if you ever wish to control it. It’s like a soldier who dismantles his weapon, reassembles it, dismantles it, and reassembles it, and repeats this process over and over again, until he is so intimately familiar with all its parts that he can tell you where any weapon of that type is flawed simply through a quick cursory inspection. In these situations, it is much more time consuming and complex than that, but it is an appropriate analogy none the less.
I have studied Force-Using cultures from nearly every walk of life that does so. I have begun to develop my own views over the whole thing, which led to my being labeled as unorthodox at best by the other Jedi Masters. Do I practice in the arts of deception? Of course... that is the nature of my job. Other Masters argue that they misdirect the attention of others, and that they do not deceive. I say that is simply a self-deception. Deception is THE tool of survival for any spy, along with a bit of stealth and good exit strategy.
I am a very skilled pilot, but not a very skilled starship fighter. Put me on solid ground, and I know I am more than a match for any sentient being. My concern in a starship is not being the victor, but in surviving. If I survive the encounter and make it out with what I came for, then to be honest, I have won.
Yes I am a spy, but here they call it being a Freelancer. I like that term better, because it doesn’t actually imply anything, and actually suggests that your services might be for sale. How inspiring? LOL