Toggle shoutbox TR Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  McKooter : (22 August 2023 - 02:08 AM) saying hi again. Ill check back in a bit
@  Tom_Horn : (19 March 2022 - 01:09 AM) What's up? :)
@  Slayer : (26 February 2022 - 11:31 AM) Sad to know that Madcat passed away. Rest in peace!
@  McKooter : (11 September 2021 - 08:16 PM) RIP Madcat. I only come here every few months. God we seem to lose some people. :( seriously.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:04 PM) To EVERYBODY: It is with deepest sympathy that I inform the community that MadCat passed away on the 19th of May this year. He will be missed.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:02 PM) Mckooter, I think Cursor is still paying for this
@  Caprica : (11 February 2021 - 06:55 AM) Доброго времени суток Всем
@  Caprica : (26 January 2021 - 06:07 PM) hi All
@  Slayer : (16 January 2021 - 05:13 PM) Hello
@  McKooter : (03 January 2021 - 04:39 PM) @Rags, yeah just was messing about again today and popped back in to see if its still up. Are we even sure who is paying for this place?
@  Ragman : (06 December 2020 - 10:59 PM) OMG This is still here
@  McKooter : (31 August 2019 - 02:12 AM) what!? a new site?? i slaved over this place :D eyo to fenris, rags, and ahroun
@  Fenris_Wolf : (14 July 2019 - 01:56 PM) Awesome. After much pissing around I can login again. Just a reminder we've got a new website running at https://tekagis.ca and a discord server https://discord.gg/psX8HBu
@  Ragabash : (10 July 2019 - 07:32 PM) Tekagis must rise again
@  Ahroun : (10 July 2019 - 07:31 PM) OMG I can't believe this login still works!!!  :blink:
@  McKooter : (26 June 2019 - 02:52 AM) just stopped in to say hi if anyone reads this still
@  MINDDRIVE : (01 June 2019 - 12:46 AM) ello ello
@  The_Fiddler : (11 March 2019 - 03:18 AM) 10 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes) Play, play !!!
@  The_Fiddler : (10 March 2019 - 04:48 PM) Looking forward to explore this mod again :)
@  Nameless : (25 August 2018 - 12:54 AM) Server down?

Photo

The new [CCoF] logo

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

Retired from TT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted Image

You might have noticed our new logo and since we're pretty happy with it I just thought it would be fun to show it off a little and tell you how it came to be. I am not sure to what extend this would interest others, but I'll post it anyway, to show how our approach of things is.

As you might have noticed as well, both my partner in crime 'nobodie' and myself are pretty much into RP. We take it pretty seriously and like to look for a meaning behind everything. Same with our clan, we've been thinking hard about a background story and things like that. We would like to grow a little bit in the near future and have sat down to discuss how we can make the clan look more organized to the outside. The first thing of course is a proper logo, so we went on Skype and drew up some ideas.

We were looking for something with a symbol in it, rather than simple letters with a circle around them. We also agreed that the colors should be mainly black, white and dark red.
Seeing our background story, where we claim to be the first settlers of Sirius space and were abandoned by the other colonies, we finally arrived at the 'Alpha & Omega' concept. For those who don't know what that means: Alpha means 'the first', and Omega means 'the last'. Although it has yet to be determined whether we will be 'the last' :), we both felt this suited our clan's history well.

nobodie set his drawing talents to work and started drawing some ideas on paper using the alpha and Omega symbols as leading idea. Here's a couple of drafts he made:

The first idea:
Posted Image

Then he suddenly came up with something different, that in my eyes was a brilliant way to incorporate the Alpha and Omega symbols with the name of our clan.
Here's the raw sketch:
Posted Image

And here's the worked out design:
Posted Image

We both agreed that this would be the way to go and I started duplicating the drawing and turning it into something graphical. Both of us are pretty much perfectionists, so it took quite a lot of try-outs to get it right, but after about 15 hours of work :) we finally ended up with this.

The official logo: (click on the thumbnail to notice the background is transparent and there's smoke behind the logo)
Posted Image

The version more suitable for avatars etc.:
Posted Image

I'll describe the logo.
The Alpha symbol can be seen in the back. It's the two diagonal lines that make up the top of the image.
The Omega symbol can be seen on the bottom, turned up side down.
Finally, the letters 'CCoF' can be seen in the middle of the logo, in an abstract form.

We at least are very happy with the result. We hope you like it too. :excl:
Retired.
"Never argue with an idiot, you will have to lower yourself to their standard and they will beat you with experience"

Ragflow998

Ragflow998

What else ?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Finally, the letters 'CCoF' can be seen in the middle of the logo, in an abstract form.

Waoh, never seen that until you point it out :)

Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

Retired from TT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
I messed around with an idea for a new logo today. I found an clan logo from the Discovery server on the net and liked the main shapes so much that I used it as inspiration. I hope it didn't turn out to similar.

Comments please. :)

Posted Image
Retired.
"Never argue with an idiot, you will have to lower yourself to their standard and they will beat you with experience"

Zeta

Zeta

Cubic Zirconium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Freelancer playing and modding (still learning)
Beautiful...
Posted Image
Thank you, Slaughter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users