Toggle shoutbox TR Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  McKooter : (22 August 2023 - 02:08 AM) saying hi again. Ill check back in a bit
@  Tom_Horn : (19 March 2022 - 01:09 AM) What's up? :)
@  Slayer : (26 February 2022 - 11:31 AM) Sad to know that Madcat passed away. Rest in peace!
@  McKooter : (11 September 2021 - 08:16 PM) RIP Madcat. I only come here every few months. God we seem to lose some people. :( seriously.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:04 PM) To EVERYBODY: It is with deepest sympathy that I inform the community that MadCat passed away on the 19th of May this year. He will be missed.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:02 PM) Mckooter, I think Cursor is still paying for this
@  Caprica : (11 February 2021 - 06:55 AM) Доброго времени суток Всем
@  Caprica : (26 January 2021 - 06:07 PM) hi All
@  Slayer : (16 January 2021 - 05:13 PM) Hello
@  McKooter : (03 January 2021 - 04:39 PM) @Rags, yeah just was messing about again today and popped back in to see if its still up. Are we even sure who is paying for this place?
@  Ragman : (06 December 2020 - 10:59 PM) OMG This is still here
@  McKooter : (31 August 2019 - 02:12 AM) what!? a new site?? i slaved over this place :D eyo to fenris, rags, and ahroun
@  Fenris_Wolf : (14 July 2019 - 01:56 PM) Awesome. After much pissing around I can login again. Just a reminder we've got a new website running at https://tekagis.ca and a discord server https://discord.gg/psX8HBu
@  Ragabash : (10 July 2019 - 07:32 PM) Tekagis must rise again
@  Ahroun : (10 July 2019 - 07:31 PM) OMG I can't believe this login still works!!!  :blink:
@  McKooter : (26 June 2019 - 02:52 AM) just stopped in to say hi if anyone reads this still
@  MINDDRIVE : (01 June 2019 - 12:46 AM) ello ello
@  The_Fiddler : (11 March 2019 - 03:18 AM) 10 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes) Play, play !!!
@  The_Fiddler : (10 March 2019 - 04:48 PM) Looking forward to explore this mod again :)
@  Nameless : (25 August 2018 - 12:54 AM) Server down?

Photo

Star Citizen

3 replies to this topic

S31-Zero-Order

S31-Zero-Order

Archon

• Head Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

How are you gentlemen?

All your base ar...

You get the idea.

In a nutshell, being that nobody's interested in re-hosting Tekagi's, and that Freelancer doesn't have too many MP servers still active, the next big thing seems to be Star Citizen. Essentially, their end goal is to have all the Freelancer/Wing Commander/Starlancer people come to get in on the game. Jaco had posted about us diehards jumping onto Star Citizen a few months back, but since the game has come out, all we've done is have a "Hey, We're the Tekagi's Treasure Group" post get started in their Freelancer section -- which was then promptly buried by all of the other Freelancer groups doing the same thing. Next to nothing concrete has come out of it thus far, so I feel like someone needs to get the ball rolling again. We've got some great people here -- some of which still frequent the forums like I do. Old habits die hard, I suppose.

That being said, rather than waiting on someone else to make the first move -- if they'll make the first move -- I've decided to try to get this started and to see what I can do in getting the group back together again. To that end, I've made a few remarks about Star Citizen and about starting an organization before the game begins. Syntax has been working with me in getting the group off the ground by helping create logos, banners, and photoshopped stuff for the home page. I've spent the past week working on the organization's info pages and whatnot. Star Citizen is missing the right kind of "good guy", so, when I say that I made an organization, I mean that I remade the APOC again and actually tried to tie some Tekagi's history to it and make a legitimate reason as to why it's there. If you're interested in joining up with myself and any other Tekagi's Treasure player that decides to jump in, follow this link: https://robertsspace...om/orgs/NEOAPOC .

So, you're probably asking at this point why I'm doing this. The truth is, I want the group to stick together as we have for so long. We don't need Freelancer to do that. To me, Star Citizen is going to be the next best outlet in terms of space sims that we've grown to love and adore. From my experiences on the Arena Commander simulator alone, I've seen that the game has come a long way from the concept art and idea we were first presented. I've got to say, the game is beautiful, and if the Arena Commander is going to be representative of what this game is to become, it's going to be incredible. Basically, it should turn out to be what Freelancer should have been. That's why I'm so excited about this.

The game needs good veteran role play players. Together, we can help fill that void. We might even be able to reunite all of the old gang to come and join us, should you guys be able to reach out to them.

Now you're probably asking, "What if I don't want to join APOC?". It's a perfectly legitimate question. I'm only offering to try to get something going, as I've said. I'm fairly active on Star Citizen now and would love to have some old faces pop on to share the same experiences with me. If you want to create your own organization, go for it. Let me know so we can work together or so we can directly oppose each other. Remember, the end goal is to get the Tekagi's community back together. I still believe -- even if others don't anymore -- that if we have something to reunite us, we can bring this community back together.

So what say you, Freelancer? Will you join us in a glorious campaign of liberation? Or will you side with pirates and the corrupt? The choice is yours.

One last thing...

...ahem...

For the Brotherhood!

2vbwyz7.png

In defensione et fraternitatem Elohim...

Rumpelstielzchen

Rumpelstielzchen

Alien Organism

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Nice...

But spending at least 40 $ to dable around with a Beta? You need a Game Package, and the cheapest is 40 quid...

The game is due for 2016/17 acc. to Wikipedia... So why pay now for something that's not even close to being finished yet?

BTW, I'd have to buy a new PC for this one... and I'm not quite ready for that yet. So sorry - you'll have to do without me for the moment.

XXX

S31-Zero-Order

S31-Zero-Order

Archon

• Head Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

Fair enough. It's definitely an investment right now and a massive project that'll take a while to hammer down. They just released the FPS presentation at PAX Australia (I think it was) so it's a long way from being finished, but looks fantastic so far. It's pretty good for a beta, but you're absolutely correct that it's unforgiving on lower-end machines. I had to do some upgrades on my rig to get it to play correctly.

Multiplayer is actually a thing right now for it, and it's not the glitchy, broken garbage you normally see in betas. But, I agree wholeheartedly that $40 plus the cost of upgrades is excessive to be able to play an unfinished product.

Do you know of any other space sims out there that are half-decent and won't break the bank? The only other one that I play is X3:AP, but, sadly, it isn't multiplayer.

2vbwyz7.png

S31-Zero-Order

S31-Zero-Order

Archon

• Head Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts

I was reading up on Elite: Dangerous and apparently the community's up in arms over the direction of the game's production. Has anyone kept up with it at all?

From what I can tell so far, the trailers are showing stuff that's actually not going to be in the game, like third-person view mode.

2vbwyz7.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users