At some point within the previous months our update server stopped functioning properly. It seems a upgrade to our webserver's security modules had stopped allowing access to .ini files. Since no one reported any issues, I failed to notice the problem. At any rate, its fixed now and the updater should work normally again.
After much debate, we've decided to relocate the FL server to the other side of canada. After less debate, we've decided to ship ellis along with it. I'll try to keep a temporary server up while the move is happening (your characters should be intact). But expect some downtime for the server in the next few weeks.
* note to self: remember to poke air holes in the shipping crate for ellis.
UPDATE (aug 19th): Temporary server is now up and running.
After FAR too long, The Updater has finally been updated. The new version includes a basic GUI with a progress bar, shows when the last time you updated was, a tooltip showing the server status and current player count, and is smaller, faster and smarter.
Please visit the forum thread at https://tekagis.ca/p...=4&t=8&p=12#p12 to see what all has changed and basic usage instructions.
You can get a copy of the new version from https://downloads.te...agisUpdater.exe