Toggle shoutbox TR Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  McKooter : (22 August 2023 - 02:08 AM) saying hi again. Ill check back in a bit
@  Tom_Horn : (19 March 2022 - 01:09 AM) What's up? :)
@  Slayer : (26 February 2022 - 11:31 AM) Sad to know that Madcat passed away. Rest in peace!
@  McKooter : (11 September 2021 - 08:16 PM) RIP Madcat. I only come here every few months. God we seem to lose some people. :( seriously.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:04 PM) To EVERYBODY: It is with deepest sympathy that I inform the community that MadCat passed away on the 19th of May this year. He will be missed.
@  Ragman : (24 May 2021 - 07:02 PM) Mckooter, I think Cursor is still paying for this
@  Caprica : (11 February 2021 - 06:55 AM) Доброго времени суток Всем
@  Caprica : (26 January 2021 - 06:07 PM) hi All
@  Slayer : (16 January 2021 - 05:13 PM) Hello
@  McKooter : (03 January 2021 - 04:39 PM) @Rags, yeah just was messing about again today and popped back in to see if its still up. Are we even sure who is paying for this place?
@  Ragman : (06 December 2020 - 10:59 PM) OMG This is still here
@  McKooter : (31 August 2019 - 02:12 AM) what!? a new site?? i slaved over this place :D eyo to fenris, rags, and ahroun
@  Fenris_Wolf : (14 July 2019 - 01:56 PM) Awesome. After much pissing around I can login again. Just a reminder we've got a new website running at https://tekagis.ca and a discord server https://discord.gg/psX8HBu
@  Ragabash : (10 July 2019 - 07:32 PM) Tekagis must rise again
@  Ahroun : (10 July 2019 - 07:31 PM) OMG I can't believe this login still works!!!  :blink:
@  McKooter : (26 June 2019 - 02:52 AM) just stopped in to say hi if anyone reads this still
@  MINDDRIVE : (01 June 2019 - 12:46 AM) ello ello
@  The_Fiddler : (11 March 2019 - 03:18 AM) 10 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes) Play, play !!!
@  The_Fiddler : (10 March 2019 - 04:48 PM) Looking forward to explore this mod again :)
@  Nameless : (25 August 2018 - 12:54 AM) Server down?

Photo

Tekagi's Tavern 2010

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
144 replies to this topic

Zeta

Zeta

Cubic Zirconium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Zeta blushes for a second. "Of course not... Why would I ever chase a girl such as yourself across Sirius?" Zeta smiles innocently and walks to the back office to get some more thread, whistling on his way.
Posted Image
Thank you, Slaughter

(-=YSP=-)

(-=YSP=-)

Preservation Ward Supervisor

• Clan Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Something strange whisks past the doorman and perches itself on a stool at the bar... It seems to be the YSP leader Ellis... Odd looking species his is, like a cross between a Ferengi and a Klingon, and with an attitude to match. Ordering a drink, he very nervously looks at his watch while muttering in some unknown language.. Out of the corner comes a tall stranger and sits on the empty stool beside him.. It is a pilot from an all but extinct and unknown [X] Clan. Almost twice Ellis' size, and batle hardened from years of hard space life, and dehumanizing deathmatches in the endless vaccum of space, now looks very anxious to be getting on, with the now apparently urgent matters at hand. Muttering a few words to one another the 2 men exchange items.. Ellis hands the pirate a Keycard and the Pirate hands Ellis a big sack of what appears to be little plastic tubes and bottles. Ellis opens the sack and is instantly displeased with what he sees, shoving the sack back up into the pirate's face. The 2 suspects argue back and forth for a couple minutes, as people in the bar begin to take notice. "Ya? Fine then.. I'LL go see what the hold-up is." Ellis argues, shoving the bag back into the pirate's face. Again he looks back down at his watch, obviously more concerned with time than the matters at hand, because at ths point the Pirate, slapping the sack and contents out of Ellis' hand, reaches into his overcoat and pulls out a small knife that he starts flailing around, screaming "This is not YOUR war Trader!!!" and lunges at Ellis. Being from a smaller race of creatures, Ellis quickly jumps up off the stool and lands squarely on the man's shoulders. But grabbing Ellis by the back of his coat and throwing him over his shoulders like a sack of potatoes, the pirate manages to get a good stab into Ellis's leg before taking off out the door and into the night. The bartender looks over and says "Looks like he got'cha pretty good m8.".. "Ya?!?" Ellis says.. "Well in THAT case, he can forget about the timer codes to those ammocrates.... How much for this knife?" He asks, holding up the knife he had just pulled from his leg and cleaned on his coat sleeve. Again, the bartender looks at him bewildered and says very slowly.. "Buddy.. you can HAVE the damn knife, just get out of my bar, ok?" Ellis, somewhat confused looking, complies. Leaving behind only an old burlap sack of Cardamine and Powdered Rhino Horn, he walks out the doors and hops angrily up into the cockpit of his Flammard, muttering something about his "God dammed Delorian" being impounded on Planet Curacao. As the canopy closes, the night sky lights up behind the bar and the ground trembled, as an enormous explosion rocked the surrounding buildings. "Silly Pirates." Ellis says to imself, laughing as he flys away with his brand new knife.
Posted Image

Vallen_Kanyon

Vallen_Kanyon

cloned Sheep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
The tavern door opens and in steps a man dressed all in black. The blaster at his right side indicates to the patrons that this is no ordinary man. The cold look in his eyes says this man has seen way too much death and has no problem dealing it out. The stranger walks over to the weapons lockers and opens one, Emptying his blaster and several knives into the locker. The man programs the locker to respond to his fingerprint and turns walking to the bar. Looking at the bartender, the man says "Tell that little snake Zeta that he needs to get a bottle of Tequila," the man points to the table in the darkest corner "and bring it to me at that table." The bartender looks at the man a little puzzled and even more nervous and scared. He askes " Does the boss know you?" With a half friendly, half trixster smile the man replies "Oh we know each other well" The man turns and walks to the table in the corner. Sitting down he scans the bar, taking in all the exits and anything that could be used for a defensive stand if needs be. The man looks down and closes his eyes, waiting on Zeta to bring him his drink.

CRY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR! - Julius Ceasar
ANNIHILATION IS UNAVOIDABLE!!!!!!

Zeta

Zeta

Cubic Zirconium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
As Zeta is cleaning up a bottle a patron had knocked over, one of the waitresses comes over to Zeta and whispers in his ear. Zeta smiles, "Snake, huh?" Zeta laughs, grabs one of the Tequila bottles and a glass and brings them to Vallen. Setting the drink down with a thud and setting the glass next to it, Zeta smiles and says, "Hows it going, bud? I gotta say, I've been called a lot of things before, but I don't think that 'Snake' is one of them."
Posted Image
Thank you, Slaughter

Zeta

Zeta

Cubic Zirconium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
As soon as Zeta makes the comment, Zeta hears the HoloVision in the corner go off with a news report.

Looking back, Zeta sees his old boss on the HV giving a sort of press bulletin about the DA
http://tekagis.com/i...?showtopic=9007
Zeta smiles, "Things haven't changed at all, have they."
Posted Image
Thank you, Slaughter

Vallen_Kanyon

Vallen_Kanyon

cloned Sheep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Vallen, not opening his eyes, smiles and says "Zeta, in that fighter you were always slippery as a snake. Thats why people had a hard time to shoot you down." As Vallen reached for the Tequila and poured himself a glass, He looked up at the Holovision and heard the announcement by Akira. "Your right some things never change. Looks like DA really made Akira mad this time. Which means more fun for me. Hehehehehe. Not to mention Blitz is gonna me ecstatic." Vallen shoots back a good sized shot. "Nice seeing you working back in the bars again. You always did enjoy watching us get drunk and act stupid." Pouring another glass Vallen asks "So how has space been treating you?"

Zeta

Zeta

Cubic Zirconium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Zeta sits down after the news announcement was finished. "You really think I was hard to shoot? I just didn't want to have to bang out dents and polish laser burns out of my ship. Speaking of, hows Storm doing after I nearly blew hers out from under her? I can't imagine the paint survived that one." Zeta smiled to himself remembering her challenge. "But life hasn't been too bad, except that ever since I went to the CCoF, I've been getting a lot of dirty looks from the, shall we say, resident Corsairs. Guess I should have seen that coming, I was flying with the Hessians for the longest time after all."
Posted Image
Thank you, Slaughter

Vallen_Kanyon

Vallen_Kanyon

cloned Sheep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
"Stormy is doing fine. She is still the same as before but I think a little lost without Femme to go shopping with." Vallen shoots back another shot. "As for the corsairs I figuered you'd be getting some looks. They ain't too happy with me as it is right now but such is the life of a freelancer. I remember your hessian days. I also remember growing up on the docks learning to be a pilot in dresden. Been a long time since I've been Ummm Home I should say. So what do you think of this war? Think it's gonna be bloody?"

Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

Retired from TT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
Scorp had heard about the Tavern quite some time ago. But since he never really felt comfortable among people of the Colonies, he had wisely avoided the bar up to this day. Besides, Scorp had the dubious honor of having the prime spot on the most wanted list of most law enforcement agencies, and especially the local authorities in the Colorado system. He probably wouldn't have made it through the tradelanes from any one of the jumpgates alive in the first place. Let alone dock on Tanya's base.
But since the current owner / bartender of the place had recently joined Scorp's clan, the local authorities had seemed uhm... a bit 'less vigilant'. Scorp his well-established connections had yet again payed off.

He still didn't feel much for sitting in a bar surrounded by infidels and having to make smalltalk with them, but that's not what Scorp came for. Pilots of lots of different factions and clans came to that place, and where there's a lot of people, there's a lot of info to be gained. The perfect place to make interesting business deals, establish new connections, and gather any interesting info he could find.

As he approached the bar entrance, he noticed the weapons lockers. Zeta told him about those, and he didn't really look forward to going inside unarmed. A Corsair always carries a weapon, not having that heavy piece of metal on your hip would be like feeling naked. But if he wanted to get in, he wouldn't have much of a choice, so reluctantly he took his blasters from off right hip and from the holster on the left side of his body, and put them in the locker. He left his Ancestral Blade where it was - halfway between his right hip and the middle of his back, just behind his main blaster. Ancestral Blades were given to every firstborn Corsair by the Elders, and were a symbol of the struggle to survive, and the solidarity in each family line. Once given, a Corsair never parted from his Blade. That wouldn't be different tonight, the blade was going to stay right where it was.
Being made of the remnants of the first ship to land on Crete, the metals of which the blade was made were too old to be in any of the regular databases, and the scanners didn't even blink when Scorp walked through the door.

The door slam shut behind his back. As it did, the room went quiet. Scorp's appearance often did that too people. It wasn't his posture - he wasn't overly muscular or anything. It weren't his clothes either, which were a mush-mash of a black army pants which was a left over from his Corsair military training, a common black sweater he probably picked up on the road, and some worn-down army boots. None of that. It was the way his eyes pierced into the room. Deep-dark eyes that hid a life-time of peril and struggle. Eyes that had seen maybe too many a challenge, and witnessed too many deaths. Eyes that would pierce right through you.

He swiftly scanned the room for any potential dangers. It was second nature to him, a remnant of his Corsair training. His eyes met those of Zeta, who was just cleaning up a spilled drink. Scorp looked at him just long enough to get Zeta's attention, and he almost whispered "Whitefang Ale m8".
Then he headed for the darkest corner in the room, and sat down at the table just behind Vallen, from where he had a perfect view of the room. He wasn't really expecting a warm welcome here, so if anything would have the balls to try anything, he would at least see it coming.

Zeta brought him his Ale. "Put it on my tab", he said without looking at Zeta. "Uhm I'm sorry but you don't have a tab here m8", Zeta replied. "Then make one", Scorp said, this time slightly louder. It almost sounded a bit threatening this time. Without saying anything, Zeta went back to the bar and put down one Whitefang Ale for CCoF, wondering if he would ever really see the money for it.

Scorp took a zip of his ale, slightly leaned back in his chair and waited for what was going to happen next, as the buzz in the room slightly picked up volume again.

Edited by Black Scorpion, 21 June 2010 - 09:30 PM.
typo

Retired.
"Never argue with an idiot, you will have to lower yourself to their standard and they will beat you with experience"

Zeta

Zeta

Cubic Zirconium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
ooc: Sorry about the absence. The bartender is back

As Zeta is talking with Vallen, Zeta and everyone hears the door slam shut, quieting the room a bit. Zeta looks up to see his boss sitting down at the next table over, behind Vallen. "Excuse me, I have a customer."

Zeta gets up and walks over to Scorpin. "Hey boss, how you doin." After taking his order and attempting to argue about the tab, Zeta decides that maybe starting tabs isn't a bad idea. He sets up the tab for the CCoF in general, might make it easier to suck up later on. Bringing out the whitefang ale. Without waiting to be invited, Zeta sits down across the table and smiles. "Hey boss, I need your sign off on that Tripoli Repair Shop I mentioned to you when you were... slightly less than sober?" Zeta slides a datapad and stylus over to Scorpian.
Posted Image
Thank you, Slaughter

Shenzi Gryphon

Shenzi Gryphon

cloned Sheep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Shenzi made her way into the bar after having disapeared for the best part of a few weeks doing whatever, wearing her CCoF badge on a ragged, leather pilots jacket that'd clearly seen its fair share of action since being brought. Despite her faction, she'd been away long enough to have no idea who the scorpion guy was at the bar but she did partialy recognise Vallen.

Although eager to see Zeta again she'd wait for his business to be finished and so made her way over towards Vallen with a smile, wondering if he had been there when she'd fought a couple of people with the DD for perhaps over an hour and had finaly shot down the main trouble maker for them herself. "Hey" she greeted as she came up beside the man to lean on the bar "You probably have no idea who you i am but i'm on good terms with your faction or...i was last i checked. But like, what m' tryin' to say is. Dun' blame Zeta, i think i stole him to CCoF by having boobs or something but the funny thing is i was going to join you guys at some point but then i was like nah and, well, how are you?" she blabbered on as if she didnt quite know where she was going with the conversation, punctuating every other word with a dramatic hand gesture before finaly giving up and asking how the poor, verbaly attacked guy was.

Zeta

Zeta

Cubic Zirconium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
After Scorpion looks over the datapad and signs and slides it back over to Zeta, Zeta smiles and looks over it, and quickly puts it in his his cargo pocket. "Thanks boss, you won't regret this... I hope"

Just like a normal man, Zeta hears (out of about a thousand words said) the word "boobs" and looks up. Seeing a familiar face "word vomit" all over poor Valen, Zeta jumps up and walks up to her, a big smile on his face. "Was starting to miss you, miss Shenzi" Zeta grabs a random bottle and a couple of glasses. Holding them up, he asks "Care to join me?"
Posted Image
Thank you, Slaughter

Shenzi Gryphon

Shenzi Gryphon

cloned Sheep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Shenzi spins around to face Zeta and smiles brightly, grabbing the bottle and glasses before putting them back down and instead grabs him by either side of his head and presses her lips hard against his, giving him a rather sudden kiss for a brief moment before pulling back and giggling, grabbing up the bottle again.

?TigerTailz?

?TigerTailz?

frozen Sushi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
I have just walked into this bar, and yes... it was like a record had just stopped (as the used to say in 20th century) when I walked through the door.

I just caught a glance at the bar and wondered if I should just sit down and wait for someone to serve me or should I have ventured up to the bar? ah... well b**z, I walked up to the bar!

I am wondering if there is a nice beer in here and look for the bar person that is serving, ahem, there seems to be some kind of problem. I look around and seek some kind of reassurance that I will get my beer soon, I have been traveling for some time and REALLY need a nice cold one :rolleyes:

I perch my head upon my hands and pray that the bar person surfaces soon :rolleyes:

INDEPENDENT TRADER

Zeta

Zeta

Cubic Zirconium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Zeta blinks in surprise and just stands there a second, thinking (and enjoying) the last few seconds, when TigerTailz walks sits down at the bar. Zeta almost misses him completely, as he is still staring at Shenzi. Zeta jumps out of his shock, runs to the tap, grabs an iced glass, and runs what he hopes TigerTailz would enjoy, sets it down on the bar. Without saying anything further, Zeta rushes to folllow Shenzi.
Posted Image
Thank you, Slaughter

Shenzi Gryphon

Shenzi Gryphon

cloned Sheep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Turns on her heel and moves away from the bar to go find a table, a constant half-smile, half-smirk on her lips. Her hips sway almost alluringly as she makes her way to the table which is off in a corner and sets the drinks down before taking a seat herself and turning her head upwards to smile up at zeta, her eyes betraying an adoring look for the briefest of moments.

?TigerTailz?

?TigerTailz?

frozen Sushi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
I catches the beer as its almost thrown at me and parks me hind at the nearest table thinking this place is mad! Supping the beer I feel rather privileged that it tastes sooo good.

This bar it seems has potential, I sit to watch and observe :lol:

INDEPENDENT TRADER

DSTRYR

DSTRYR

Initiate

• APOC Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
As he heard so much about this place and his Engines need an rebuild he decided to take an visit on the Bar
as he entered the place all his weapons disarmed :lol: and he was a bit confused that even his cloaked onbody armour was seen on the Scanner. "Darn" he think "thats not funny i had to do something against it" and he walked straight up to the left corner of the Bar.He decided to take a good old Liberty Beer and as the Bartender cames he noticed that everything whats going on on the Bar will be seen by the large Scanner arrays at every wall here. "Lo Stranger," the Bartender said "My Name is Zeta ,nice to see a new Face here.. Have you seen everything i can bring you ?" he asks friendly. " Sure, i want an Liberty Beer and some facts about your Scanner arrays" Dstryr said friendly. Zeta Loughs: "Well you can have your Beer quickly , but my technics are my business" "Ok Ok" Dstryr said , and after he had his Beer he sit back and watches what going on in this Place...
"Somethings irritating me, i wish i could name it, Darn" he said to himself while he watching around..
All Types of Species are in here and some faces he never see before..
But he hopes to see them soon as he had a quick visit at the Ship Hangar before he stalks in the Bar "What?" He thought as he seen the unlawful Ships in there "What a beautiful place to sabotage all their weapons.. "he thought, but as he can see that all ships were hold by an Defend Shield with personal ID Coding from the bar he forget the Idea and just want to have an safe Place to take his Beer and see the Faces of the Pilots..
"I know I will see you all soon in space..." he thought and a smiling rushes his face........"but you will not see me" he loughes quiet and drinks his beer..
Posted Image

ALPHA WOLF

ALPHA WOLF

Alien Organism

• Clan Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
Eagle walks into the bar and looks around and thinks boy I have been gone to long, No longer am I a feared pirate but a hired killer and he thinks it's funny when I lead the Wolf Pack I did no care I killed for free. Now if I kill that's lost money but it does not matter I am here to have a drink and somthing Zeta calls food. Eagle looks up at Zeta after finding a table and orders a cold stiff one and states bring me whatever slop you have hot. As he scans the room Eagle can't help but notice that he is not very welcome there and thinks to himself HMM well it is not much differant than being a pirate except now I get payed for doing somthing I love (KILLING) Eagle consumes his drink and eats then orders a tums to get rid of the sour stomach that the food gave him. With that he gets up and pays his tab and leaves the bar.
Posted Image

Zeta

Zeta

Cubic Zirconium

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
Zeta watches as Eagle enters the bar, noting the slight change in outfit... or could it be the atitude, as he isn't looking around thinking about killing anyone that moves... or otherwise. Zeta takes the order, and when Eagle orders the "Hot slop", Zeta goes to the bar and attempts to heat something up. Zeta isn't the best cook in the world, and as Zeta had guessed, it looked like Eagle had noticed. Zeta grabs the Tums and apologizes for the food. "I'll work on that, I promise." Zeta thinks to himself, "Maybe it's time to hire a cook?" as he watches Eagle leave.
Posted Image
Thank you, Slaughter