(25 March 2015 - 03:32 AM)Ladies and gentlemen, the server is now operating on 5.48.1. Please see the main download thread for the files if you don't already have them: http://tekagis.de/in...&st=0&p=2086318
Fenris has been tirelessly working on a new patch to fix a number of issues currently on the server. I have added the patch to this post in a zip file.
To install this patch, export the zipped folder wherever you want and copy the folder's contents directly into your main Freelancer install directory. Be sure to have 5.48 and 5.48.1 activated in FLMM before doing so!
Special thanks go to Fenris_Wolf, who's seemingly spent each night and day for the past week or two relearning all of the FL modding tools and techniques and rolling out new fixes and changes to the client and server files.
Since we are running the mod with a different server operator, there are going to be a few issues we would like players to avoid at this time. As most of these issues will crash the server. Thank you for your patience.
List of know errors are...
1. Cloaks do not work, and most likely if your ship HAS a cloak, it is by default invisible. If your ship has a cloak. The cloak will have to be removed from the ship before flying. Players found with a cloaking ship will have cloak removed upon discovery.
2. Texas Jump Gate to Alabama. The jump gate to Alabama seems to outright crash the server. Please do not use this gate at this time. Fixed, silly me forgot to apply the 5.48.1 update.
3. NO MINES NEAR ADMIN PARKING!!!! Something is funny with admin parking and does NOT like the proximity mines of any kind.. if a mine is dropped TOO CLOSE to the parking, it will crash the server...
2. Place these files directly into your Freelancer install directory. You will want a clean install to ensure that this works, so dust off your CDs!
3. Get the 5.48 Pt 1, 5.48 Pt 2, and Update 1 from the attachments on this thread.
4. Grab the Pt 1 and 2 attachments on this topic and combine them into one file to build TT 5.48. The file is split in two sections due to its size.
5. Install your new 5.48 and .1 update using Freelancer Mod Manager.
I am extremely happy that Ellis has taken the time to learn how to do this and get a server running for us to use. Thanks so much for sticking with us this far guys. I can't wait to see you on the battlefield and a very special thank you to Ellis for making this all possible.